CDC EVICTION MORATORIUM
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has ordered the suspension of evictions for nonpayment of rent, fees, and other charges until June 30th, 2021. Tenants facing evictions for nonpayment of rent must make below a certain income and meet other factors set out by the CDC. To be protected from eviction, eligible tenants must complete this declaration form and provide it to their landlord or property manager.
WHERE TO GO FOR HELP
If you are struggling to pay rent during the COVID-19 crisis, there is funding available to help!
View this document and reach out to the organizations in the order they're listed to find the resources right for you.
- For translation help, call 515-282-8269 Ext. 5
- IMPACT is also partnering with various Polk County nonprofits to help distribute rental assistance funding. Residents can connect with organizations including the below for assistance.
- Iowa Congolese Organization and Center for Healing (ICOACH)
- Young Women’s Resource Center
- Evelyn K Davis Center
- Financial Empowerment Center
- Nisaa African Family Services
- Urban Dreams
- Oakridge Neighborhood
- Bhutanese Community in Iowa
- Proteus, Inc.
- Iowa Spanish Hotline
- Caring Hands Outreach
PREVENTION OF HOMELESSNESS
COVID-19 will have dire consequences on our community’s ability to maintain safe, stable housing. In preparation for this need, our community has begun partnerships to support residents, renters, and landlords. View the documents below for information about renters’ rights and community resources to prevent evictions during this time
- Eviction Prevention Information for Polk County
- SPANISH Eviction Prevention Information for Polk County
- Eviction Information for Landlords
The Continuum of Care has also partnered with EMBARC to create translations of the information in a variety of languages to serve Polk County.