The Polk County Continuum of Care is currently accepting applications for open board member terms beginning July 1, 2019. Candidates go through an application and appointment process. Initial terms for board members are three years with the possibility of a second three year term. The application includes a board member job description as well as board member expectations.
The CoCB will be accepting applications from interested candidates who represent an area of expertise noted below.
- Mental Health
- Racial Equity
- Youth Homelessness
- Higher Education
- Strategic Planning
Applications are due to email@example.com by the end of the day on May 8, 2019.
Here is a list of homeless organizations in Polk County to volunteer at.
- Central Iowa Shelter and Services: http://centraliowashelter.org
- Anawim: https://www.anawimhousing.org
- House of Mercy: http://www.houseofmercydesmoines.org
- Iowa Homeless Youth Centers: http://www.yss.ames.ia.us/en/programs/homeless_youth_services/iowa_homeless_youth_centers
- Joppa: http://www.joppa.org
- Hawthorn Hill: http://www.hawthorn-hill.org
- Bethel Mission, Hope Ministries: https://www.hopeiowa.org
- West Des Moines Human Services: http://www.wdm.iowa.gov/government/human-services
- YWCA: http://www.ywca.org/site/pp.asp?c=afLEJSOzHoE&b=1101415
- Beacon of Life: http://beaconoflifedm.org
- St Joseph Emergency Family Shelter: http://www.dmdiocese.org/st-joseph-emergency-family-shelter.cfm