The Polk County Continuum of Care will be accepting applications for open board member terms beginning July 1, 2021. Candidates go through an application and appointment process. Initial terms for board members are three years with the possibility of a second three year term. The application includes a board member job description as well as board member expectations.
The CoC will be accepting applications from interested candidates including people who represent an area of expertise noted below.
- Youth Voice
- Lived Experience
- School District
- Higher Education
- Substance Abuse Service Provider/Organization
Applications and questions are due by the end of the day on April 30,2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a list of homeless organizations in Polk County to volunteer at.
- Central Iowa Shelter and Services: http://centraliowashelter.org
- Anawim: https://www.anawimhousing.org
- House of Mercy: http://www.houseofmercydesmoines.org
- Iowa Homeless Youth Centers: http://www.yss.ames.ia.us/en/programs/homeless_youth_services/iowa_homeless_youth_centers
- Joppa: http://www.joppa.org
- Hawthorn Hill: http://www.hawthorn-hill.org
- Bethel Mission, Hope Ministries: https://www.hopeiowa.org
- West Des Moines Human Services: http://www.wdm.iowa.gov/government/human-services
- YWCA: http://www.ywca.org/site/pp.asp?c=afLEJSOzHoE&b=1101415
- Beacon of Life: http://beaconoflifedm.org
- St Joseph Emergency Family Shelter: http://www.dmdiocese.org/st-joseph-emergency-family-shelter.cfm